more... Nicole Michelle: Separation Anxiety
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingwood, Texas

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Separation Anxiety

Here's a brief overview of Monday:

After spending a weekend in Naples and Pompeii, Melissa and I traveled to Salerno to do some research. We had no idea what was in store for the day. After the little motorbike incident we decided to catch the next train to Naples and then leave that same night for Rome. In a brief summary we were fined by some metro police, almost missed our train to Rome and were up for almost 24 hours. It was by far the most hectic day so far; but looking back I'm proud of how we handled it.

I'm beginning to cherish the dull moments, and I'm having to learn to cherish my time here. I'm homesick and yesterday was rough; and there will be more days like that ahead.

My time here reminds me a lot of when I first moved into my apartment. I was lonely a lot of the time, but that time passed and I really began to become my home. And that gives me hope for my stay here.

My prayer is to see the big picture. I don't know why the heck I was called here, but I was, and that wasn't by mistake. And before long that question will be answered.

It's ok to cry, and sometimes thats just what you need.

thanks for all the prayers.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said several times today, "I don't think I can do this." Moses didn't think he was qualified either; God thought differently.
You are amazing.

February 11, 2009 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger contemporary themes said...

Oh Sweet Child! I'm so glad you and Melissa are okay! Sounds harrowing!

I'm so grateful you two have the technology to share your journey with us. I remember feeling the pit of despair and loneliness when I traveled because I couldn't even call! I called your dad from Ghana, and he couldn't even hear me. I kept yelling, "I'm okay. I'm OKAY!" That was it!

I love that you can give us such rich glimpses of your journeys -- ups and downs!

Praying for you!

Send me a book list and address, please.

February 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

with out a doubt, i think you make the Lord proud.

March 11, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home