more... Nicole Michelle
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingwood, Texas

Monday, October 27, 2008

Curse the practicality and convienent location of my local Kroger. On my biweekly excursion to the grocery store I intend to roam the halls of HEB, but the extra two miles and throngs of people always daunt me and I break down and head to that building of disorganized clutter and goods, some dare call a grocery store.


This has happened the past two times I've gone grocery shopping, and while some wouldn't care much about it, I happen to hate it.


I look down at my cart, and into my hands holding two large reusable grocery bags, with uncertainty as to whether all of my groceries will fit. I grab a extra smaller bag off the shelf to my left, just in case. I hand the cashier my basket and bags, which he then proceeds to hand to the bagger. ( Side note: I try to always get a teenage boy cashier, for one reason: they are lazy. Have an item without a barcode? Most likely they'll just give it to you, rather than spend the extra time finding the price. Is it moral? ah, we'll decide later.) I pay for my groceries and watch as the girl bags my groceries. ..



With room in two of the three remaining bags, she puts ONE half gallon of milk in a plastic bag. Girl do you not realize I bought an extra bag just so that wouldn't happen?

2 Comments:

Blogger contemporary themes said...

Hey, Sweetie!

I took my bags to the store on Sunday, too. Only I went to Whole Foods which is to die for! The place is amazing. I wish I could take you grocery shopping there! Your life would be forever changed, and you'd want to move to LA (after you get back from Italy) just to be near your dear old auntie!

October 28, 2008 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger Nicole Michelle said...

We have a Whole Foods here and I actually drive by it every saturday on my way to my italian lesson downtown. But since it's a saturday, you can't even find a parking spot!

October 29, 2008 at 7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home