more... Nicole Michelle: Reunions, Routines, and Recycling
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingwood, Texas

Monday, September 22, 2008

Reunions, Routines, and Recycling

After 8 days without power, it's returned along with my routine.

I ended up going to Austin during the hurricane and I'm so glad I did. After several weeks without talking to my best friend, C, and several months of not seeing her, this mini-vacation was quite refreshing. Another friend,G, came along too...I feel a little embarrassed about my last blog, G evacuated from Corpus to Houston and then evacuated from Houston to Austin( since the storm couldn't make up its mind). I had it pretty easy... I realized how much I missed these girls, and any girlfriends for that matter. For the past year, I've been without a close girlfriend here at home, and not that it's been too much of a bother for me, but it's something I wouldn't object to having.

Praise God that my friends and family were kept safe through the storm. No damage to my apartment or my parents home. There were a few trees that fell in my apartment complex and I'll post some pictures later. I got a few days off work and in those few days I met some of my neighbors. Since I've moved in I've only met a few people and they're people I wouldn't want to hang around with. You can see this by the nick names I've given them...creepy guy, weird dog man, and old man ( old man may not sound bad, but I haven't seen his wife in a while; if something starts smelling, I'll be the first to call the cops) Nevertheless, the people on my corner are extremely nice. Theres a couple across the walk from me that we played skip bo and bar b qued with. I'm glad the power is back, but I'm glad it took a little break.

Last but not least.......I've started recycling. So has my mom. My family is becoming more and more enviromentally conscious. Now me, my parents, and both my aunts are active recyclers! Just gotta get the rest on board.

1 Comments:

Blogger contemporary themes said...

Oh, Sweetie! I'm so glad you had fun with your girlfriends and that everyone is safe. I think GG and Auntie L are still without power, but I've not checked today.

And, you go, Girl, with the recycling. Been doing it for years now, and it's very rewarding feeling. Now, I just need to work on the REDUCE and REUSE part of the equation. I even make my students recycle! I also make them take their carbon footprint online. The results are very interesting!

September 22, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home