more... Nicole Michelle: Dec 16, 2008
My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingwood, Texas

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dec 16, 2008

I struggle with love. The concept seems foreign, unreachable. Yes, this world has warped love into an emotion which comes and goes, as often as the day turns to dawn...but is that the reason?

Am I to blame the world I live in for my struggle as a christian to love everyone?

I think that's too easy. We're commanded to love everyone...but how? How do I love people I don't know? And why would God command it if were not possible?

The love God has for me is unexplainable, so I won't even try. Until I can love Him in that same way, I can't expect to love others like that. I guess it all comes down to the point at which we finally exercise that same love for God and realize how perfect his creation is, how wonderful each person is he created. Will I ever reach that point on earth? Maybe, maybe not, but I guess that's where sanctification comes in.

I hope to learn a lot more about this during this next semester; exploring new cultures and new people. I read a book this past weekend about crossing over cultures and how to accept things that are foreign to you. I need to read it again since apparently I can't remember any points it made. But it was good, I do remember that :)

I now have my itinerary; I leave for Frankfurt Jan. 19 and then fly to Paris on the 20th. Coming back I leave the 15th of June and then get back the 16th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home